Welcome to the PC Dudes | PC & Notebook Help Forum |.
Buy MyGica ATV582 Quad Core Android 4.4 TV Box Media Player Best Price in UK
    Thanks

Has TalkTalk got any better?

Hi,
    been on talk3 package for a while,,got fed up of waiting for the broadband,, so continued with pipex, who offered me a much better deal than i was previously on....they gave me 3-8 meg for 14.99 as against 2meg for 23-99..
    .........BUT Ive never managed to measure it above 2meg yet..A lot of the time it is less than 1meg..

Is it time for me to go to TalkTalk,,,,after all I would be saving 14.99/month

regards,
    ..........bladesmantwo

2.    Google Ads

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    i think its a case of what do you want the internet for?

genral surfing and chacking email.... talk talk is fine

if your wanting to do massive downloads and access p2p networks, talk talk is more than likley not the package for you.

as far as broadband goes these days the less you pay the less service you recieve.

Thanks
    You may find this interesting
    _http://tinyurl.com/yskm5q

Thanks
    I signed up with TT in Feb 2007 on the understanding that I would get Free BB in due course. I have been chasing them ever since and was eventually given reassurances that I would have FRee BB activated in Oct. But nothing happened and I was still being charged. So chased them up again and now told that my line cannot be upgraded to Free and also I will only get 233 kbps in future. This according to them is because my telephone No is owned by Telewest (Virgin) and the only way I can improve the service is by having a new BT No. It has taken all the months and my subscription to reach this stage and they have ignored my emails relating to it.
    Is it much of a problem getting a new number?

Thanks
    ihave had talktalk for ages now over 12 months, and get over 8 meg no problems at all. had teletwits for 4 years and it was dam crap.

Thanks
    Hello friends,
    It's 8years since I started this thread,been on Vermin for most of the time since then.As a cost cutting exercise I signed up fo Talktalk simply broadband on a really cheap online offer, after they told me I could expect 6 meg. D/L speed...Big mistake.I get 4 meg off peak it can drop below 2 meg at other times.I like to stream video but experiencing lots of buffering,4 to 6 meg would be would I think cure the problem,but that's not going to happen.They measure the speed from their end and tell me I'm getting 6.2 meg.I think they are being economical with the truth
    I have spent lots of time talking to them ,they claim to be making adjustments at the exchange.I am tied into an 18 month contract with no escape.
    Please be warned,my advice .Dont consider Talktalk for BB..I am at my wits end and losing sleep over this.